Our Favorite Apps & Websites of 2016…So Far
Modern technology is our friend. We can’t tell you how many times the statement, “What did I do before…was around?” is said on a daily basis, referring to the apps, the websites and the services that we use. Some help us run our business, some help us run our homes, some are for fun and some help keep our sanity! We think at the very least these apps, sites and services help us “look” more efficient, more organized and more on our game.
- Wunderlist : This is a to-do list on steroids and oh how we love an organized to-do list! Wunderlist is super easy to navigate and we worship the feature that allows us to share our list with one another. Another great bonus is the reminder feature (yes, Lauren once reminded herself to stop working and use the restroom).
- 17Hats: We use 17 Hats EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. We were in desperate search of a platform that was able to handle our specific needs from creating proposals to offering our clients digital contracts, and more! 17 hats answered all of this for us. Its super easy to navigate and they have great customer service.
- BiteSquad : If we aren’t working at the office, we are working at home. We love the times that we are on our game and get a good meal plan done for the week but let’s be serious, those are few and far between. If you are slammed with clients and don’t have time to stop for lunch, call bitesquad and they’ll take care of you. If you are on your way home & realize you have nothing for dinner, use the bitesquad app. It’s easy to use and stores your credit card for you. You can have dinner on its way while you are waiting at a stop light!
- Snapseed : We post a lot of social media content for our clients and we love this app to help improve the look & quality of the pictures we post. We like anything that makes our jobs easier and more professional. We especially love the retouch feature and how the app makes the pictures look sharper.
- Silvercar : Hello best company ever! Thank you for making us look big time when we are traveling and need transportation. The app or website makes car rental (you’ll be driving a sweet Audi and the process is seamless) so simple! The problem is that they are only in 12 cities. We imagine this is just a bandwidth issue right now and soon enough the entire US can take advantage of this awesome service.
- Bitmoji & Kim K emoji : How on earth do you get through the day without laughing!? You can’t! We feel like we do our best creative work when we have time to be silly! Download the bitmoji app and the Kim K emoji app (yes we’re kinda cringing) NOW! They make for some hilarious text messages and some great comedy relief. We think Abby’s Bitmoji is her spitting image.
- The Tile : Abby loses her keys daily. She does! We like to look on the bright side-at least it’s not her mind. Losing her keys is so 2015 thanks to The Tile app. A tiny little Bluetooth tracker that will not only let you find your keys in close proximity with a sound, but it tells you on your phone where the keys were last seen if they aren’t in close proximity. SERIOUS score! Abby wished she had The Tile when her keys were laying off Interstate 35 somewhere between Minnesota and Iowa (insert crying Kim K emoji here!)
- The Skimm : Again…we are all busy but we should never be too busy to keep up to date on what is going on in the world. If you don’t have time to read the NY Times while sipping hot coffee coffee, then your world is more like ours. The Skimm is all you need. Their tagline is “We read, you Skimm,” and we can’t thank them enough. They add a ton of humor to their reporting which makes it even easier to read.
- Pandora : An oldie but a goodie and it’s bumpin in our offices all day. We cannot get enough Color Me Badd radio (we may have just dated ourselves), TSwift radio keeps us going and Got to give it up (search it in Pandora) is a great station for when clients are in the office. Abby loves Hipster BBQ radio and when no one is in the office Lauren listens to Mariah Carey radio. Don’t lie, you do it too when you’re alone.
- Venmo : Although we don’t use Venmo for business (we absolutely could) we use it on a weekly basis for personal transactions. We love the ease of the app, the security of the transfers and the social portion of this is an added feature. We love when our friends “like” a random transaction and we love to use the “notes section” to write hilarious reasons why we are sending money!