8 Easy Ways to Boost your Presence on Instagram
If you are a business, your goal (amongst many) on social media is to gain more followers. Since Instagram is one of the most popular platforms in the world with over 700 million active users, focusing your attention to your Instagram strategy is a good call.
Here are a few pointers with help from Social Media Today to grow your Insta audience.
- Create a Theme for Your Account – You can’t expect to gain a large following if your profile doesn’t have a clear direction. We all follow people who post pics of their kids, then post ads for their side business, then selfies, then a million pics of their pugs. Who’s supposed to follow them? Fans of pugs? People who are interested in their business? This is probably the most important thing to figure out. What are you trying to promote? You can have a separate account for your family and friends.
- “Like” a Bunch Of Photos – A quick way to get followers is to start liking photos. Start with photos that are related to your posts. If you’re a travel blogger, search for #Paris, #London, #Travel, etc. and start liking those. Once you start liking other people’s photos, a lot of people will start following you back. Another way to quickly get followers is to search for the most popular tags and start liking them. There are a ton of apps that will show you the most popular tags on any given day. It may seem a little cheesy, but it works.
- Comment On Pics – This takes time, but it’s more effective than just liking a picture. Try to comment on as many pics as you can. Again, the fewer comments a pic has, the better chance that you’ll get followed. Just say something nice about the pic, like “I really love what you’re doing on here! Keep it up.” A kind word goes a long way.
- Start Following People – Instagram does a good job of making it easy to connect with people that you already know. Use the “Find People To Follow” feature. This will import friends from Facebook and your contacts to follow. Also, go to the “Explore” section and start following some of the suggested accounts. About 1/3 of the people you follow, will follow you back. The goal is to have more people following you, than you follow, so don’t go crazy.
- Add Captions – This is fairly obvious but a lot of people don’t take advantage of it. Take some time choosing the right verbiage before you post – it’s almost as important as the pic. Asking a question is another great way to get engagement and to get people to comment.
- Post Regularly and at the Right Time – There’s a fine line between posting too much and not enough. If you don’t post often enough, there’s really no need for people to follow you. If you post too much, you’ll clog up people’s feed and they’ll unfollow you. Opinions vary, but posting 1-3 photos per day is enough to keep your audience satisfied. Don’t post just because you haven’t posted in a day. Also make sure that you post at the right time of day. Posting at midnight probably won’t reach as many people as you’d like. Post when people are most likely to be checking their Instagram: Morning, lunch and after work.
- Use the Right Tags – If you’re a travel blogger and you’re posting a picture of the Eiffel Tower, you should tag #Paris, #EiffelTower, and #France. You could also consider using popular tags which might not be directly relevant to your post, but will expose you to a much wider audience (within reason, of course).
- Tag in The Comments Section – If you’re going to only use a couple of tags, it’s ok to insert your tags at the end of your post. If you’re going to be using a bunch of tags, it can look bad to have them in your post. So put your tags in the comments section. For example, post your pic and then immediately comment on it with your tags.
That’s it. Simple, right? Get to work. Or call us. We can do it for you and you can sit back and watch the audience grow. Can’t wait to hear from you!