10 Reasons Your Business Needs to be on Social Media
Why Businesses Need Social Media
We don’t think at this point it’s necessary to bombard you with statistics about how many people are on social media. You should know. You know, right? But did you know that social media marketing has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than out bound marketing, or that 84% of B2B marketers use social media in some form? Whether it’s paid advertising or just a good overall content strategy for your brand, social media is necessary for your business. Deep Blue Sky content made a great analogy:
Imagine for a moment that social media platforms are like cocktail parties and you or your brand are the guests. The concept of mingling and communication works in exactly the same way – social media has broken down the barriers to communication and now allows you to talk to prospects and customers like never before.
With the help of the Content Factory, we’ve compiled a list of the top ten reasons that your business needs to be on social media.
1. Using social media helps to boost your site’s SEO. Driving reviews, engaging in conversation will drive search engine rank.
2. Connect with consumers and industry leaders: Don’t forget to follow your competitors! You might learn something. Don’t forget to talk with your customers. Ask questions, learn who they are, what they like. They will help you build your business.
3. It builds brand loyalty: Give your customers some insight into your brand. Some behind the scenes info makes your customer feel like they are part of the bigger picture. Don’t just push product.
4. It lets you respond to problems immediately, and be completely transparent about it: Reputation management and responding to customers is vital to a good social strategy. Quick note: respond fast!
5. Its FREE! Something you don’t hear often! Don’t forget about the awesome paid options that are available on your social media pages too!
6. You’ll find customers you didn’t know existed: If you set up streams to follow keywords in Twitter (Hootsuite makes this simple), you can find people who are looking for the products you sell and direct them to your site. Using Twitter for marketing is great that way – telling people who want your products how to get them from your company is just an @ away.
7. Your competition is getting social, so you should too. Did you know that 91% of brands are using more than one social media platform? This isn’t something you want to fall behind the competition on, because it’s much harder (and more expensive) to play catch up than it is to get in on the game early. If your competitors get to your potential customers first, they’ll earn their loyalty and you’ll have a hard time winning them over.
8. Social media can help you get noticed at events, and even generate earned media coverage. Whether your business is sponsoring a charity fundraiser or attending a major trade show, there’s no better way to leverage your presence than with the help of social media.
9. Social media ads allow targeting and re-targeting. So many amazing paid options for you to drive likes and traffic to your website via social media. Gives you the option to target specific like household income, interests and more!
10. It’s a level playing field. You might be a small business in Minnesota (or favorite kind!) or Pepsi. Either way you have a similar goal on social medial; engage with your customers, solve problems, promote your brand & and drive more business. Pretty sweet.