What is Facebook Live and How Do I Use It Successfully?
Facebook Live is live streaming on your Facebook page! With many new features recently added to Facebook Live it’s a great way to interact with your audience. Whether you have an established fan base or want to build your social audience, Live is a great way to connect with your audience in real time.
Who can see me Live on Facebook?
When you go live, it will appear in the news feed of your fans to comment, like and share with friends. People who have recently interacted with your posts will also receive a notification when you start your broadcast. Use this time to produce great content! Prepare ahead of time what will fill up your time (Facebook recommends 5 min. The longer you are on, the more time it gives your audience to join your broadcast).
Your Facebook users will be able to comment on your video in real time giving it a real interactive feeling. You can respond to comments during the broadcast to take that interactive conversation to the next level.
- Make sure and tell your audience ahead of time so they know to look for your live video.
- During the live stream, remind people to follow your page so they will receive a notification for future live videos.
Sound great? We agree. And it’s simple to do!
- Tap on Post and then tap on the Live Video button.
- Add a description for your broadcast and tap the Go Live button when you’re ready.
- During your broadcast, you’ll see how many viewers you have and can respond to comments live. You can also hide comments or switch the front and back cameras of your phone.
- End your broadcast when you’re done by tapping on the Stop button.
- Your video is automatically saved to your Facebook Page for fans to view later. However, you can remove it at any time, just like any other post.
PostPlanner.com gives some great reasons why Facebook Live is perfect for your business:
- Gives a behind the scenes look at your business. Share how you create a product, how the team works and relaxes, etc. People love watching everything that is typically off limits!
- Broadcast live events. Are you at a conference, a concert, or some other place others would love to get a glimpse of? Share it live! But don’t forget to engage with the audience while you’re filming. Walk and talk them through every bit of it — and answer the questions that are sent your way.
- Host interviews. Interview your company’s employees, clients, or important people in your niche. Brands are all about the people that are a part of it, so let these people speak and your audience will listen.
Unlike Periscope videos, Facebook like videos do not disappear after 24 hours. They stay on your timeline, giving you opportunity to re-post the content to your other social media pages!