5 reasons why small businesses need Twitter
So you have a Facebook page. It was probably hard enough for you to set that up, not to mention keep up with the content and the engagement; it can be a lot of work. The mere thought of throwing Twitter into the mix might be too much, but here are 5 reasons why you have to have a Twitter account for your small business.
1. Big Audience: There are over 500 million active users on twitter. Yup, you heard me, 500 million! That’s a lot of people and a lot of potential customers. Start to build audience and communicate with them. Get them to know you and your brand and be interesting! #tweettips from Twitter are a great way to get started on what to say!
2. Market Reactions: Do you have a new product or idea you want some feedback on? Get a free focus group via Twitter. Start to follow others and get people to follow you that have similar interests. Then ask questions! “What are your thoughts on this?” The best part is the feedback will come instantly!
3. Client Engagement: Every business wants to hear from their clients. This is the perfect platform. Ask your customers to follow you but don’t leave them hanging once you do. Remember to engage with them and engage often! If they are re-tweeting your tweets, thank them. If they mention you, keep the conversation going and PLEASE respond if there is a negative experience with your brand. Build that relationship in person AND online!
4. Keep your enemies close: Ok, ok, that’s a little harsh, but Twitter is a great way to keep an eye on your competition. What are they up to? What are they saying and most importantly, what content is evoking response from your target market?
5. Communicate quickly: It wasn’t too long ago that getting a message to your audience meant long meetings with media reps, long term planning and waiting to see if your message was heard. Assuming that your current customers are following you and also potential customers, with Twitter, you can let them know of a new product, sale, event or special instantaneously.
Twitter has awesome resources for you as well to get started and understand why it’s worth your time!